Over the past few months we have spoken to numerous individuals who are trying to sell their motorcycle to get a new model or a different vehicle such as an ATV or Side x Side (On a side note, BIG#1 Motorsports takes vehicles in on trade & buys them outright - call 205-942-BIG1 for details or email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
When you are going to put your Motorcycle up for sale, here are 10 important tips you need to follow to help make your bike standout from the competition:
- Clean and Detail Your Motorcycle! Your bike needs to look better than the new ones on the showroom.
- Clean and Detail Your Motorcycle! This is so important it needs to be said twice.
- Take a good look at your tires, if they need replacing go ahead and put on new tires. This makes a huge difference in the selling price of your bike. We put new tires on more than 60% of the bikes we buy or take in on trade.
- Get your service records together, its very common for buyers to ask to see the service records for the bike to be sure it has been well maintained.
- Find your Owners Manual. Its little things like this that will add value to your deal and make it more attractive over the guy down the street.
- Do you have both of your keys? If not get a copy made, again being able to offer two keys makes your bike look better than the other dozen the buyer has looked at this week.
- If you haven’t rode your bike in a while, take it out for a spin to be sure everything is working normally such as lights, gauges, brakes, ect…
- If you have had aftermarket accessories installed (such as pipes, wheels, seats, ect…), try and find the original equipment to offer with the bike. Its just another thing to set your deal apart from the others.
- Call your local dealer and make sure there are no outstanding Warranty Updates or Recalls that need to be performed - FOR FREE.
- Make sure you have located your title! Numerous deals get held up and or fall through because of title issues.
Make sure to check the Jennifer’s Ride Page for this years Passport for a Cure ride!
Our future location at 505 Cobb Street at the intersection of Oxmoor road and I-65 is coming along for our Spring Move-In!
Also visit us at www.bignumber1.com
What makes the Spyder one of the most advanced vehicles on the market? Watch and find out.
Tech Tip of the Day: This is the time of year that most of our customers are on the water. Seadoo customer you should steer clear of the shallow water, you do not want to get something up in your propulsion system. This could cause damage to your wearring, resulting in cavitation and possibly overheating.